Friday, 22 November 2013

Local life, lights, love and lots of mulled wine!

I did something different today... I saw another side to my local town. Now, I don't mean that I went to a new area, or wore 3D glasses (I'm not that cool), no... I noticed something beautiful; local pride and a sense of community. 

My mummy and I took a trip into town to see the lights switch on for Christmas. The town centre was bubbling, stalls were busy, and there was an incredible scent of roasted meat and mulled wine which filled your nostrils. 

So where was this local pride? It was everywhere; in the faces of everyone I saw! From elderly couples to young boys and girls, people were laughing and having fun - it felt special. 

With simple stalls, handmade crafts and locally produced food - it didn't feel commercial and I felt proud. It made me think about the lead up to Christmas. These small shops and businesses need our support. I am going to make a huge effort to shop local and keep Christmas simple. 

Love local life! 











1 comment:

  1. love your blog, I've nominated you for the Liebster award over at my blog marshmallowgems.blogspot.co.uk xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...